This EZX is an homage to jazz on a whole and, in particular, the golden big band era. This did not only produce some of the most iconic artists in recorded history but also immortalized drumming as more than part of the rhythm section – it brought it to stage center. The Big Band EZX brings you two kits from the swing era of the ’30s and ’40s, both handpicked and tailored to provide an authentic slice of what the big band sound was and, indeed, still is. Expect two fundamentally different kits covering the entire tonal range from the round, warm and intimate to the thunderous, explosive and fiercely energetic – just like the genre itself.
Can you hear it? That steady rattle of the snare, the sizzling melody of the ride and the subtle, round boom of the large open bass drum? Welcome to the Big Band EZX, which will enable you to produce the timeless swing that has been the epitome of jazz for close to a century and a half.
- Two complete kits from the 1930s-1940s era
- Recorded at Capitol Studios by legendary producer/engineer Al Schmitt
- Includes kit configurations recorded with sticks and brushes as well as with snare wires on and off
- Mix-ready presets tailored for a big band-inspired sound
- Includes a selection of big band-inspired MIDI drum grooves