For most of us, the anatomy of sound and its inner workings as a creative catalyst is a peculiar thing. The moment we hear something we can’t define – a new instrument – our minds inevitably open up to interpretations beyond the convention. Sound becomes visuals that in turn transform into tangible ideas. This library of sounds for EZkeys is a prime example of just that.
EZkeys Cinematic Pads is based around several analogue and modular synths as well as a vintage grand piano and an electric bowed guitar. Together, these components form a never-before-heard hybrid instrument of reverberant, peculiar, fluttering, ominous, visceral, fluid and literally out-of-this-world audio landscapes. With this at hand, you’re an intrepid explorer at the helm of an audio vessel headed straight into the unknown – weightlessly drifting through an interstellar cosmos en route to uncharted sonic frontiers. If you let yourself go, you’ll enter a realm where the divide between reality and dream is nothing but a lucid gradient ready for you to pierce though.
Welcome to a new source of sound and ideas – literally as diverse as the universe. Climb in, start the engine and head straight for the great unknown.
- A hybrid instrument of never-before-heard textures of sound
- Based on several analogue and modular synths as well as a grand piano and an electric bowed guitar
- In excess of 70 mix-ready presets offering a widely creative panorama of ambient sounds
- Ideal for anything from soundscapes, scores and sound design to modern pop and electronic
In simple terms, a modular synth is a make-your-own-synth system where modules like oscillators, filters, amplifiers, LFOs, envelopes and more are used to produce one-of-a-kind sounds in real-time. Several classic modular systems were used to create the unique sounds in EZkeys Cinematic Pads.
A handpicked selection of classic analogue instruments were blended in as a contrast to the modular sounds.
The bowed guitar is a Togaman GuitarViol.* Essentially, this unique instrument is a hybrid of a guitar and a viola or cello. It’s traditionally tuned like a classic guitar but played with a bow.
The piano featured in the back end of EZkeys Cinematic Pads is a Bösendorfer* from 1891. It was sampled in traditional Toontrack fashion but had each note reversed in the final product.
EZkeys – Feature Overview
- 32- and 64-bit AAX, VST, and AU instrument as well as a low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the – or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- “Humanize” any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
EZkeys – MIDI Overview
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All songs performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders